From 9-12 September COMCOL will have their 2020 annual conference online, jointly organized with ICOM Russia. The title of the conference is Collecting Diversity: Divergence as Dialogue.
Museums can play a crucial role in the waves of societal struggles that are visible and dominating many public discussions these days. They have the capacity to reformulate social, cultural, and environmental values and can function as mirrors or sounding boards for their societies. They have the possibility to echo the problems of the contexts in which they are immersed and to focus on fostering diverse values for better social co-existence.
Below the outline of the program and the registration links for each session. (so be aware that each session has it’s own dedicated registration link)
WEDNESDAY September 9
- 13.00-15.00 (CEST) - Session 1: Collecting Diversity: Divergence as Dialogue. Registration Link session 1.
- 15.30-16.30 (CEST) Session 2: Matters of Representation. Registration Link session 2.
- 17:00-18:30 (CEST) Session 3: What tells the Collection and Session 4: Ethics of collecting. Registration Link session 3 and 4.
- 19:00-20:00 (CEST) Mingling session 1 Finish out the first day of conferencing with some fun. Registration Link mingling session 1.
THURSDAY September 10
- 11:45-12:45 (CEST) Mingling session 2 Start your conference day by getting to know your fellow attendees. Registration Link mingling session 2.
- 13:00-14:30 (CEST) Session 5: Using Collections to make New Connections. Registration Link session 5.
- 15:00-16:30 (CEST) Session 6: Contemporary Ways of Collecting. Registration Link session 6.
- 17:00-18:00 (CEST) Session 7: Digital Collections to Share. Registration Link session 7.
FRIDAY September 11
- 13:00-14:00 (CEST) COMCOL members meeting. Registration Link members meeting.
- 14:00-16:00 (CEST) Young Professionals Network Kick-off session. Registration Link workshop young professionals.
SATURDAY September 12
- 13:00-15:00 (CEST) Workshop on Heritage of Religion. A joint workshop of the Jewish Museum Berlin and COMCOL. Registration Link workshop Jewish museum.