Russian Committee of the International Council of Museums (ICOM Russia) announces the call for best practices on the topic of museums' work with migrants and representatives of different cultures. The most successful cases will be included in the electronic collection of best practices with guidelines for museum employees. The publication is being prepared within the framework of the project “Migration: Revealing the Personal” which is implemented by ICOM Russia with the support of the Presidential Grants Foundation.
The project “Migration: Revealing the Personal” involves a set of activities aimed at identifying productive forms of museums` work with the theme of migration, popularization of best practices and methods of this work, development of inter-museum participatory programs for people with migration background, as well as promoting the value of cultural diversity in the professional community and among wide audience.
The purpose of this book creation is to analyze technologies of the museum work with the topic of migration, to promote the most successful projects and cases, as well as to elaborate recommendations for museums on developing social, cultural and educational programs focused on migrants and their interaction with the local community.
Museums with successful experience and/or specific projects related to the following tasks are invited to participate in the creation of the book:
- Social and cultural integration of migrants and refugees;
- Representation of issues of resettlement, displacement, movement (voluntary and forced) and involvement of the public in the reflection on these topics (including for understanding their own identity);
- Encouragement of the dialogue between representatives of different cultures, religions, ethnic groups and communities with different socio-cultural backgrounds;
- Promotion of the value of cultural diversity to the public (in particular, through the interpretation of the "migration history" of museum exhibits).
Application selection procedure
- Materials are collected until April 30, 2020
If you like to participate in this book, please fill in the form and send it to the ICOM Russia Executive directorate - email@example.com.
Languages of the publication: Russian and English
The project's Expert Council will review all submitted applications and select the most successful and relevant materials for the inclusion in the book. The decision will be announced by May 30, 2020.