The International conference "The Museum Life of Palace Gardens and Parks" is organized by ICOM Russia and the Gatchina Palace and Estate Museum
An applied research conference will be held on 14 -17 November 2018. The event will commemorate the 100th anniversary of the Palaces-museums of the St Petersburg suburbs and will be held within the framework of the VII St Petersburg International Cultural Forum.
The conference discussions will be devoted to a wide range of issues listed below:
- Musealisation of the historic, cultural and natural sites;
- Public and private gardens: Transformation through the centuries;
- Garden designers, gardeners and historiography of parks and gardens;
- World War II and the fate of gardens and parks;
- A museum park as a platform for environmental education;
- Current challenges in maintaining historic and natural museum complexe
Applications must be submitted by e-mail by 1 July 2018.
The working languages of the conference will be Russian and English.
Conference participants will be expected to cover their travel and accommodation costs on their own. The number of places at the conference is limited.
Conference proceedings are expected to be published prior to the conference. Papers must be submitted by email by 1 August 2018.
Paper submission requirements: 12-14 pages with 20 mm margins on each side, Times New Roman 14-point font, 1.5 line spacing and page footnotes. Images should be provided electronically – 3-5 images in JPEG or TIFF format with a maximum size of 500 KB.
2. Alexandra Alexeeva tel. +7 813 719 49 04; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org