The State Museum and Exhibition Center ROSPHOTO welcomes submissions for publication in the new issue of Photography. Image. Document journal, dedicated to expert research and technical and technological analysis of historical documents and photographs. The journal is peer-reviewed, published annually, and indexed in RSCI.
Scientific periodical Photography. Image. Document has been published continuously by the State Museum and Exhibition Center ROSPHOTO since 2010. The journal was conceived as a platform for constructive exchange of ideas and experience between experts in tangible and digital heritage preservation — historians of culture, culture scholars, historiographers, archivists, paleographers, art historians, forensic experts, scientists who develop means and methods for analysis of photographic and handwritten documents, and evaluation experts.
The topics for papers include:
- photographic documents as historical and aesthetical objects: problems of authenticity of photographic documents; identifying and dating historical photographs; art historical and technical and technological research of historical photography;
- historical photographic document in the context of visual culture: research methodology;
- strategies for using cultural-studies analysis of historical documents;
- commissioners and experts: criteria and methods of the evaluation of historical photographic documents;
- preservation and expert examination of digitized and digital documents and museum artifacts; problems of authenticity of digital objects;
- creating digital counterparts and using them for expert examination of documents and museum objects; equipment for digitization of artifacts for research purposes;
- interdisciplinary approach in heritage studies: physical and chemical examination of contemporary and historical documents and their parts; photographic and optical-electronic methods in document and museum object examination, equipment for expert examination of documents and museum objects;
- general methodology of expert research; theory and methodology of historical document examination and examination of museum objects, artworks, and archeological artifacts; problems of interconnectedness of historical document expert examination and forensic examination.
All materials are to be submitted in electronic form. For text documents: MS Word, .doc, .docx format, 12-point Times New Roman, 1,25-cm left indent, fully justified, single line spacing, 2-cm margins, no hyphenation.
Pictures and photographs must be presented in .tif or .jpeg format, minimum resolution 300 dpi, in final print size. Authors must keep the same aspect ratio (no strange compression or stretching in the image). Drawings and charts must be submitted in editable format. Diagrams must be made in MS Excel, Adobe Photoshop (preferably .psd) or Corel Draw (rasterized).
- UDC (Universal Decimal Classification) index of the article;
- Title of the article in English;
- Abstract of the article in English (min. 200 words, max. 250 words);
- Keywords in English (7–10 keywords);
- Full text of the article (max. 40 000 characters with spaces, including metadata and bibliographic references);
- Bibliographic references;
- Author information in English, including name(s) and last name(s), affiliation(s), degree, postal and e-mail addresses;
- Source of funding (grant), if applicable.